Braised Chicken with Mushrooms


I've blogged about a series of cookbooks and magazines from a Malaysia publisher call Famous Cuisine before but I still feel that I can't express enough of how great the recipes are. All recipes that I've tried out so far never fail to impress me and one of them is Braised Chicken and Mushrooms. It was taken from my favourite cookbook, Sensational Braised & Stewed..

This may look like a ordinary braised chicken dish but there is a slight difference from the one that I usually have. It has a distinctive taste that comes from the shredded dry squid and shallots. If you want to try it out, recipe as follows:

Braised Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe

Ingredients:
Half chicken (cut into pieces)
100g shallot
10g shredded dry squid
10 slices of fresh ginger
8 shitake mushrooms
100g straw mushrooms
100g button mushrooms
500ml water

Seasoning:
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce

Method:
1) Deep-fry the shallots and shredded squids into hot oil separately until golden browned. Keep aside.
2) Heap up 2 tbsp of oil in a pot and saute the ginger until fragrant. Add in chicken pieces, stir-fry for a few minutes or until well combined.
3) Pour in water and seasoning, when it has boiled, add in shallots and shredded squid. Then add in all mushrooms, stir well. Bring to boil, reduce to low heat. Cover and braise for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
4) Remove from heat, serve.

Comments

Edith said…
This looks really delicious and tempting. I am definitely going to attempt this next week. Thanks so much.
boo_licious said…
I love those cookbooks too! Good work as the dish looks really tempting.
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous photo! Looking forward to trying your recipe.
tigerfish said…
I'm HUNGRY...looking at this.