I baked a batch of chocolate chips and almond biscotti today. I intent to follow the Chocolate Biscotti recipe from the book, Baking from My Home to Yours. But unfortunately, the bottle of Cadbury cocoa powder which I used only once was infested with bugs! I have to make adjustment to the recipe by replacing the same amount of cocoa powder with flour. The biscotti still taste great nonetheless!
Chocolate Chips and Almond Biscotti Recipe
2.5 cups plain flour
0.75 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
85g unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup chopped almond
112g chocolate chips
1) Preheat the over to 175 deg C.
2) Line the tray with baking sheet.
3) Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4) Beat the butter and sugar together with a hand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until pale and fluffy.
5) Add vanilla essence and the eggs one at a time.
6) Reduce the mixer to low speed, mix in the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing only until a dough is formed. (Note: Do not overmix!)
7) Mix in the chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
8) Divide the dough in half. Working with one half at a time, roll the dough into 12-inch-long log.
9) Flatten the logs with the palm of your hand, the dough should be about 0.5 to 1 inch thick.
10) Carefully lift the logs onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar before baking.
11) Bake the logs for 25 minutes. Remove from over, let cool for 20 minutes.
12) Cut each log into slices between 0.5 to 0.75 inch thick. Stand the slices up in the baking sheet.
13) Bake the slices again for another 10 minutes.
14) Transfer the biscotti to a rack to cool. Serve.
Sunday, 21 January 2007
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cookies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.