Steamed Spare Ribs with Garlic and Coriander


It's been a month since I last updated my blog. You might be wondering, what have I been doing all this time? Well, I've been busy preparing for exam, managed to sneak in some time for a short trip, and since I've tendered my resignation (yippie!), I've also taking up a night course that will help in my career switch... sounds really busy, don't I? But to be honest, I've spent most of my time watching DVDs instead of cooking, that's the main reason why I've got nothing to blog about!

Anyway, I've prepared two simple dishes to last me through the day this morning. Even though I should spend more time studying, but the thought of having hawker food again on a weekend really puts me off. One of the yummy dishes is steamed spare ribs with garlic and coriander, and this is a dish not to be missed if you're in a rush and still want to have home cooked food!

Steamed Spare Ribs with Garlic and Coriander Recipe

Ingredients:
400g spare ribs
1.5 tbsp chopped coriander
1.5 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped chilli


Seasoning:
0.5 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp fried shallot oil
0.5 tsp pepper
0.5 tbsp corn flour
0.5 tbsp shaoxing wine


Method:
1) Mix chipped coriander, garlic and chilli with seasoning until well combined.
2) Rinse spare ribs, cut into pieces, drain well. Put them onto heatproof plate, steam over high heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add coriander and garlic mixture. Continue to steam for further 5 minutes until cooked.
3) Remove from heat, serve.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice photography and food. May I know what cam are you using? My pics always seems to have shadows cast on the table or plate.
Piggy said…
hi didally,

thanks for dropping by and your kind words!

I usually use my canon 350D with 50mm lens for my food photos, and I always cook during day time, so that I can take the pics under natural light. :-)
Anonymous said…
I see. I do take pics under natural light. But still have some shadows cast. lol. Hope to see more updates from you. =)