I've truly understand the difficulty of taking pictures of ice lollies in Singapore weather. Not that I'm not aware of the fact that ice melts faster in hot weather, but to see the ice lollies melt before my eyes even before I've taken a satisfactory shot was horrifying. Even setting up the props before taking the ice lollies out of the fridge did not help. I was sweating profusely during the picture taking session, and I guess it was mainly caused by stress rather than the hot weather!
Black Sesame Ice Lollies Recipe
100g black sesame
30g white sesame
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp cornstarch
100ml whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Stir-fried black and white sesame in a wok until fragrant. Using a grinder, grind the sesame until fine.
2) Add milk, honey, sugar and ground sesame in a pot, cook in low heat until sugar is dissolved.
3) Whisk egg yolks and cornstarch, then add in to the sesame mixture.
4) Continue to cook in low heat until the mixture is thickened, turn off heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
5) In a separate bowl, whip the cream with vanilla essence, then add in to the sesame mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into ice lollies molds. Freeze for 3-4 hours, serve.
Friday, 31 August 2007
Posted by Piggy | Category: Dessert
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.