My friend, Miss Bunny and I are having Korean drama-marathon at my place tonight. Before we start our crazy activity, I prepared a simple dinner for us, and I included her boyfriend as well, since he's sending her to my place.
The recipes are shown below and I will end my post here as I need to get back to my drama soon. Just in case I do not have time for another post before 1st Jan 08, here's wishing everyone, Happy New Year and a super-duper exciting year ahead!!
Tuna Sandwich Recipe
350g canned tuna in oil
80g sun-dried tomato, chopped coarsely
3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
Salt and pepper, to taste
4-5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1) Drain tuna from the cans. Add in chopped celery, onions and sun-dried tomato.
2) Add in red wine vinegar and olive oil to the tuna mixture. Add in salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
3) Assemble the sandwich: Cut ciabatta horizontally in half. Spread butter on both sides of the bread. Layer with lettuce, tuna mixture, egg slices and top with the tomato slices. Cover with the top of the bread. Repeat with the other two pieces of ciabatta.
Mushroom soup Recipe
(Adapted from here)
Potato Salad Recipe
(Adapted from Donna Hay's Modern Classic 1)
500g potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
5 stalks spring onions, chopped
50g mayonnaise (I used stored-bought Japanese mayonnaise)
50g sour cream
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1) Place the chopped potatoes in a pot of boiling water and cook for 7-10 minutes until soft.
2) Drain the potatoes, add in a tablespoons of butter and chopped parsley. Mix thoroughly.
3) To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
4) Toss the potatoes with dressing, and chill until ready to serve.
Friday, 28 December 2007
Posted by Piggy | Category: Bread
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.