Pork Slices and Pea Sprout Salad


Continuing my quest for cold dish recipes, I found a delightful pork slices and pea sprout salad dish from the spring issue of this magazine. Thin pork slices accompanied with sourish sesame sauce seems like a perfect dish to have for a hot summer's day lunch! However, the recipe calls for white sesame powder, which is an ingredient that I've not heard of, let alone have it in my pantry. So I came up with my own concoction by replacing it with Chinese sesame paste.

Pork Slices and Pea Sprout Salad Recipe
Recipe adapted from 好吃 Vol. 4


Ingredients:
Shabu shabu pork slices
Pea sprouts
Thin slices of seaweed

Miso Sesame Sauce:
1 tbs Chinese sesame paste 芝麻醬
2 tsp miso
2 tsp mirin
1 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs Japanese mayonaise
1 tbs white rice vinegar
2-3 tbs hot water

Method:
1) Blanch pea sprouts in a pot of boiling water. Dish out and soak in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes.
2) Prepare another pot of boiling water, cook the pork slices until cooked through. Set aside.
3) In a small bowl, mix sesame paste and miso with 2 tablespoons of hot water, stir until well combined. If the mixture is still too thick, add another tablespoon of hot water.
4) Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Adjust the seasonings according to your taste.
5) Place pea sprouts on a plate, stack pork slices on top, and then follow by seaweed. Pour sauce on pork slices, serve.

Comments

Three-Cookies said…
This cold dish sounds great for hot weather.
A wonderful dish! It looks so appetizing and light.

Cheers,

Rosa
grub said…
this sounds so good to have during summer! miso dressings are a good match with tofu too.
daphne said…
light and easy piggy! I have been making a similar sesame dressing as well for my salads, except I didn't use mayo and added some sesame seeds.
Suzanne said…
This dish looks amazing! Would love to have some right now!
marla said…
Such a creative & great looking salad recipe :) Love all that pork!
Charissa said…
This looks really Vietnamese! I am not a fan of pork, but I would love to try this with some other form of protein! Love the pic too!
MrsLavendula said…
looks delicious!
Food For Tots said…
Your cold dish looks so appetizing! I am going to try out your miso sesame sauce dressing. I guess the sesame powder refers to finely ground and toasted sesame sesame seeds.;)
Extreme Power said…
wow.. looks nice.