Earl Grey Pound Cake
I've been baking quite a bit recently and I'm glad that I do not have to finish all the baked goods by myself as I have my classmates to share the calories with! I brought an earl grey pound cake to class before the New Year and I've been wanting to share the recipe here but I've been procrastinating until now. Well, better late than never, right? ;-)
Earl Grey Pound Cake Recipe
Recipe taken from はじめてさんのお菓子作り
130g cake flour
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
7g earl grey tea leaves, crushed
120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
100g caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons milk
1) Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Lightly grease and line a 18X8X6.5-cm cake pan with baking paper.
2) Sift flour, baking powder and tea leaves into a bowl. Set aside.
3) Using an electric mixer, mix butter and 50g of sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
4) Beat in egg yolks one at a time, follow by milk. Beat well with each addition.
5) Using a rubber spatula, fold in flour mixture (from Step 2) until well combined.
6) In a separate bowl, beat egg white until soft peak forms. With the mixer running, add the remaining 50g of sugar in a slow stream and continue to beat until the egg whites are glossy and form firm peaks.
7) With a light hand, fold 1/3 of egg white into butter mixture until just combined.
8) Repeat step (6) with the remaining egg white.
9) Scrape the batter into cake pan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean. Let the cake cools on wire rack.