Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Apple Pound Cake Recipe
For the apple compote
350g apples, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
25g brown sugar
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cake
200g unsalted butter
175g castor sugar
75g almomd meal
200g cake flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp salt
To make the apple compote:
1) Put all ingredients except butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2) Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very tender and the mixture thickens.
3) Stir in butter. Set aside to cool.
To make the cake:
1) Preheat the oven to 170 deg C.
2) Line a 17X8cm and a 25X8cm cake pan with parchment paper.
3) Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
4) With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5) Add the eggs, one at a time. With each addition, mix until well combined.
6) Mix in almond meal.
7) Add half of flour mixture (Step 3), stir just until the flour disappear.
8) Mix in apple compote, milk and rum.
9) Add the remaining flour mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold the mixture until no sign of any flour.
10) Pour the batter into the cake pans. Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes.
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cake
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.