A Hot and Sweaty Afternoon...

I've prepared two Thai dish for lunch today, Tom Yum Kung and Stir-fried Pork with Long Bean. Both are hot and spicy, and with a ridiculously hot weather today, hubby and I were sweating so much that it felt like we're having our lunch in a sauna room. ;-)

Tom Yum Kung

I always prefer Tom Yum Kung that comes in clear broth, rather than the reddish looking soup that is served in most of the Thai restaurant here. To prepare this version of Tom Yum Kung, I used stored-bought chicken stock and it was boiled with lemon grass, galangal, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli padi and kaffir lime leaves. Prawns, squid and mushroom were then added in the soup and some coriander leaves were thrown in just before turning off the heat. You may think that my Tom Yum Kung look like normal seafood soup, but don't underestimate this bowl of innocent-looking soup. I've put in only 5 chili padi and the soup was so spicy that I could feel the heat on my lips way after lunch...

Stir-fried Pork with Long Bean

Thinly sliced pork and long beans were stirred fried in a paste that consists of dried chillies, galangal, lemon grass, peppercorns, kaffir lime rind, shrimp paste and dried shrimp. The dish was garnished with chopped kaffir lime leaves and then serve.

Comments

Kalyn Denny said…
Both of these sound just fantastic.