Rosemary & Walnuts Cookies
In one month's time, my hubby and I will be leaving SA for good. As the move is totally unexpected, my pantry is full of ingredients which I brought over from Singapore during the Chinese New Year trip. I have to clear the stock as much as I can and so I've been baking very often lately. One of the recipes that I tried out was these extremely yummy rosemary and walnuts cookies. Recipe is as follows.
Rosemary & Walnuts Cookies Recipe
Recipe taken from いつでもクッキー、どこでもクッキー
50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
30g castor sugar
1 tbs milk
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
30g walnuts, toasted and chopped into small pieces
1 tsp dry rosemary
1) Preheat the oven to 170 deg C.
2) Using an electric mixer, whip butter and sugar until the mixture turns pale and fluffy. Add milk to the mixture, whip until combine.
3) Using a rubber spatula, stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add in rosemary and walnuts.
4) The dough will be quite crumbly, knead until the dough is smooth and forms a ball. Keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5) Using a rolling pin, roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into 5-mm thickness. Cut out cookies with a 5-cm round cookie cutter. You should be able to get about 15 pieces.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let the cookies cool on a wire rack. Serve.