Coconut Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
Recipe from ちっちゃなチーズケーキのレシピブック
130g self-raising flour
60g unsalted butter
60g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
20g dessicated coconut
egg yolk for brushing
Cream cheese filling:
100g cream cheese, at room temperature
30g unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tbs icing sugar
1) In a medium bowl, whip butter and sugar with a mixer, follow by egg yolk. Sift flour over the batter. Using a rubber spatula, mix until just combined.
2) Add dessicated coconut to the batter, mix until just combine. Gather the dough into a ball shape, wrap it with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
3) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C.
4) Using a 3-cm square cookie cutter, cut out pieces of cookies dough, brush one side with egg yolk.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 10 mins.
6) Let the cookies cool on wire rack while you prepare the cream cheese filling.
7) Place cream cheese and butter in a bowl, whip until combine. Sift icing sugar on it, stir until combine.
8) Spread the filling in between two pieces of cookies. Repeat with remaining cookies, serve.
Tuesday, 20 October 2009
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cookies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.