I've been very unproductive lately, as you can see from the lack of posts in my blog these few weeks. I had tried out a few recipes that I meant to share but the cloudy sky made the pictures look dull and unattractive, and so I have to ditch the idea of posting them altogether. Apart from trying to push the responsibility to the weather, I have to admit that I've spent too much time watching dramas too. :-P
As much as I try not to neglect my blog for too long, I'm afraid that it's going to be quiet for a while. Hopefully, I will be in the mood for blogging again after my trip back from Sarawak, as well as finishing up a couple of dramas that I'm currently watching.
In the mean time, try your hand at these yummy almond tarts. I'll be back soon!
Almond Tart Recipe
Tart shell: You can make a 9-in (22-cm) tart or 4 pcs of 4.5-in (12-cm) tartlets, using sweet tart dough recipe from here. Partially baked.
Ingredients for the filling:
70g butter, at room temperature
100g almond meal
2 tbs self-raising flour
2 tbs lemon juice
Lemon zest from 1 lemon
1 tbs brandy (I used apricot brandy)
80g sliced almonds, toasted
To make the filling:
1) Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
2) Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3) Add in eggs one at a time, beat well with each addition.
4) Add in almond meal and flour, mix until well combined, then beat in lemon juice, lemon zest and brandy.
To assemble the tart/ tartlets:
5) Spoon the filling into the tart shell(s). Sprinkle sliced almonds on top, then bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6) Cool the tart/ tartlets on a wire rack. Lightly dust with icing sugar, serve.
Saturday, 3 October 2009
Posted by Piggy | Category: Tart
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.