TWD: Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies


For TWD this week, Pamela of Cookies with Boys has chosen sugar-topped molasses spice cookies. I find the recipe interesting as this is my first time baking with molasses. But the dough was harder to manage than I thought it would be. It turned into a gooey mess when I tried to shape it into small balls. So I decided not to follow the instruction and baked the cookies without shaping and flattening the dough.

The cookies should be crispy but mine turned out to be soft and chewy. I don't mind the texture but I would like it better if it's not too sweet. I'd certainly reduce the amount of sugar if I were to bake these cookies again.

Head over to Pamela's blog if you want to give the recipe a try!

Comments

Beautiful cookies!

Cheers,

Rosa
chocolatechic said…
These were just so good.

I made the bundt cake for this week.

I can not wait to eat it.
Jennifer said…
These were SO good. And yours look absolutely perfect!!!!
Karen said…
I have to admit, I didn't flatten mine but they took care of that themselves in the oven. Yours look terrific, though!
Love your little friend up there! :) Our were chewy also. I think my hubby would like them a little crispier
Amanda said…
They turned out beautiful! I made these last week and loved them. I found that after the dough was refrigerated they were easy to roll. There were some spots in the dough that weren't as cold and those were very sticky! I made the cran-apple crisp this week and loved it!
Memória said…
Wow! Your cookies look perfect.
Elin Chia said…
love the shape of your cookie...like those bought ones. Would want to try it out..maybe like what you say reduce the sugar :))
daphne said…
What a pity it isnt crisp but it looks great all the same. Coffee and this will go so so well.
Pamela said…
I agree that the dough was a bit of a pain. I used a cookie scoop and didn't flatten mine either. Thanks for baking with me!
Susan said…
Your cookies are beautiful! They look just perfect! I made these for the second time tonight and upped the pepper to 1/4 teaspoon. Yum!
Tia said…
yours are the nicest ive seen so far in the cracks department, lol. very nice and mmmm chewy, even better.
Kayte said…
These look great. I love the size of yours. I have made them about 10 times now as they are Matt's new favorite cookie...and he can eat a lot of cookies!