Stir-fried Sakura Ebi with Black Fungus and Beancurd Skin


I usually try out new dishes when hubby is out of town. Not that my first attempts will turn out inedible, but I prefer to take time taking pictures of the dish if it is deemed to be blog worthy. Having a hungry person waiting by the dining table will only give me pressure and more often than not, I'll choose not to take any picture at all.

I took the opportunity to try out a sakura ebi & black fungus dish when hubby was back in Singapore for a meeting last week. I used sakura ebi in my cooking before but I find myself using it more often here in Taiwan. It's a very common ingredient that can be found in the markets here and I always have a pack of it in my cabinet. Adding some sakura ebi to stir-fried vegetable dishes like cabbage and Chinese bok choy will make them more flavorful. Anyway, this new recipe is definitely a keeper. I've already cooked the same dish two days in a row and I'm not sick of it yet. I will cook this dish again tomorrow since hubby will be at home the whole day, and I hope that he will like it too!

Stir-fried Sakura Ebi with Black Fungus and Beancurd Skin Recipe

Ingredients:
30g sakura ebi
100g black fungus, soaked overnight and cut into small pieces
2 pieces beancurd skin
1 pack enoki mushroom
2 stalks spring onions, chopped
50g celery, cut into strips
5cm knob of ginger, cut into thin strips
1 chilli, sliced
2 stalks coriander, chopped
1/4 cup (or less) water

Seasoning:
1 tbs oyster sauce
3 tbs soy sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste


Method:
1) Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, saute spring onions, chilli and sakura ebi until fragrant. Dish out and set aside.
2) Heat up another 2 tablespoons of oil in the same wok, saute ginger until fragrant. Add black fungus, beancurd skin, and do a few quick stirs.
3) Add celery, enoki mushroom, water and all seasonings. Continue to stir until celery is cooked.
4) Turn off heat, add coriander and sauteed sakura ebi mixture. Stir a few times until all ingredients are mixed. Serve hot with rice.

**Note: Only add the sakura ebi mixture after the heat is turned off so that it remains crispy.

Comments

Edith said…
is still same as unagi?
Piggy said…
Edith,

I've added a picture of sakura ebi in the post. :-)
Food For Tots said…
I had tried sakura ebi when I ordered Japanese garlic fried rice. They are indeed very flavourful!! Love the combination you use for this stir-fry dish. So colourful! Must be very tasty! Can't wait to try them out.