How's your weekend so far? I'll be staying at home these two days as hubby is travelling again. I hope to complete making a bag that I started quite some time back and also try out a recipe from my new cookbook. But for now, I'll just sit back, relax and continue watching an exciting drama with some of these passionfruit gems.
Passionfruit Gems Recipe
Recipe from Donna Hay Magazine, Issue 23
180g butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup icing sugar
2 cups plain flour
125g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1/3 cup passionfruit pulp (about 4 passionfruit)
1) Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
2) Place butter, vanilla and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 4-5 minutes, or until light and creamy.
3) Add flour and mix until a dough is formed.
4) Roll the dough into balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press the balls lightly with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Leave the cookies to cool on a rack.
5) To make the passionfruit filling, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Add passionfruit pulp and beat until well combined.
6) Sandwich the cookies with the passionfruit filling. Sift some icing sugar on the cookies, serve.
Saturday, 2 October 2010
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cookies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.