Sorry for the lack of updates these few weeks as I was busy studying for my Japanese language test that took place two Sundays ago. Right after the test, I wanted to put up some new posts and also revamp my blog design but laziness got the better of me and I spent all my free time watching Korean dramas instead (I know, you're rolling your eyes right now :-P). Anyway, I have a few cookies recipes to share and first one on the list is a crunchy and nutty cranberry and pumpkin seeds biscotti. If you are still looking for Christmas cookies recipes, stay tune as there will be a few more recipes coming your way!
Cranberry and Pumpkin Seeds Biscotti Recipe
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay Magazine Issue 60
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1) Preheat the oven to 160 deg C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2) Combine flour and baking powder and sift the flour mixture into a bowl. Add caster sugar and stir to combine.
3) Add eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, cranberries and pumpkin seeds, and mix until a smooth dough forms.
4) Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
5) Divide the dough into two portions and roll each portion into a 20cm-long log. Place the logs on the tray, flatten slightly and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until firm. Set aside to cool completely.
6) Using a serrated knife, cut the log into 3mm thick slices and place the slices on the tray.
7) Put the tray back into the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the golden and crisp.
Tuesday, 13 December 2011
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cookies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.