Are you running out of time to bake for Christmas? Well then you should try making this lemon and almond-flavoured cookies! This is an easy-peasy bar cookie recipe the requires short preparation time. The cookies are baked at one go in a baking pan instead of baking by batches. And when the cookies are done baking, just cut them up into whatever size that you want!
Lemon-Almond Cookies Recipe
Recipe adapted from The Ultimate Cookie Book
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
3/4 cup almond slices, toasted
2-3 tablespoons caster sugar, for sprinkling
1) Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Line a 13X9X2-inch baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat butter on medium to high speed for about 30 seconds. Add sugar, salt and vanilla and continue to beat until well combined.
3) Beat in as much flour as possible. Stir in remaining flour, lemon zest and half of the almonds.
4) Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle remaining almonds and sugar over the top. Press lightly into surface.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
6) Remove from oven, cut the cookies into rectangular pieces. Cool on wire rack.