Wednesday, 31 August 2016
Frosted Marmalade Cake
Recipe taken from here
For the sponge:
175g golden, unrefined caster sugar
a large orange
3 large eggs
75g orange marmalade
175g self-raising flour
For the frosting:
100g icing sugar
2 tbsps orange juice
1) Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2) With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Add the eggs, one at a time. With each addition, mix until well combined.
4) Grate the orange. Add the zest and marmalade into the batter in (3). Mix until well combined.
5) Sift the flour over the batter. Using a rubber spatula, fold the mixture until no sign of any flour.
6) Stir in the juice of half the orange.
7) Pour the batter into the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
8) Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
9) Sift the icing sugar, mix with orange juice until it's smooth and has a runny consistency. Drizzle on the cake.
Posted by Piggy | Category: Cake
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.