Kaffir Lime Chicken
The simple chicken curry is made distintive by the frangrance of kaffir lime leaves.
Kaffir Lime Chicken Recipe
1 chicken (about 1 kg)
10 peeled shallots
1 stalk lemon grass
3 cloves peeled garlic
6 dried chillies (soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and drained before use)
3 fresh red chillies
3.5 cm knob tumeric
Coconut cream, squeezed from 1/2 grated coconut with 200ml water added
Coconut milk, squeezed from the same coconut with 300ml water added
1.5 pieces dried sour fruit (asam)
5cm knob peeled galangal
3 kaffir lime leaves
Salt, to taste
1) Clean chicken and cut into pieces. Set aside.
2) Pound shallts, lemon grass, dried and fresh chillies, turmeric and galangal using a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
3) Heat oil in a wok or pot. Add pounded ingredients and stir-fry until fragrant.
4) Add chicken pieces and half the coconut milk. Stir for 5 minutes.
5) Add remainining ingredients and adjust the taste with salt.
6) Cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked. Stir once in a while.