Spicy and Sour Stingray
I'd like to share the recipe of a yummy stingray dish that I cooked recently. Recipe as follows:
Spicy and Sour Stingray Recipe
(Adapted from Famous Cuisine magazine, issue no. 48)
50g shredded ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
5 dried chillies (soaked and cut into small sections)
3 tamarind slices (soaked)
2 slices fresh galangal
2 tbsp tamarind concentrate
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbs Shaoxing wine
1) Clean the stingray, blanch in a pot of boiling water for about 1 minute. Dish out, rinse under running water immediately.
2) Marinate the stingray for 30 minutes, set aside.
3) Heat up 2 tbs of oil, saute shredded ginger, chopped garlic and dried chillies at medium heat until fragrant. Add water and seasonings (except Shaoxing wine and fish sauce), bring to boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly thicken.
4) Add in stingray, tamarind slices and galangal, continue to simmer for further 5 minutes.
5) Add in fish sauce and Shaoxing wine, stir well. Dish up and serve.