Cuttlefish salad, as the name suggested, is a dish for appetiser. But I was not in the mood for elaborate cooking yesterday, and so I made a big portion and had it as a main course with hubby.
Cuttlefish Salad Recipe 凉拌墨鱼花
3 fresh cuttlefish
150g chinese bok choy
2 pcs large black fungus, soaked overnight
1 chilli, chopped
1 tbs chopped scallions
1 tbs chopped ginger
2 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs shaoxing wine
2 tbs dark vinegar 镇江醋
2 tbs sesame oil
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1) Remove the membranes from the cuttlefish. Score the inside lengthwise and crosswise, then cut it into diamond-shaped pieces of 2.5cm wide.
2) Cut the chinese bok choy into 2.5cm sections. Clean the fungus and cut into strips.
3) Add chilli and ginger to the seasoning, bring the mixture to boil. When it starts boiling, remove from heat immediately, and then add in scallions.
4) Blanch chinese bok choy, black fungus and cuttlefish.
5) Place bok choy and black fungus on a plate, then mix with half of the seasoning.
6) Place the cuttlefish pieces on top of the vegetables, then pour the remaining seasoning on it. Serve.
Saturday, 27 September 2008
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.