Chocolate & Caramel-Coated Almond
This snack is extremely addictive, I'm sure you won't be able to stop at one!
Chocolate & Caramel-Coated Almond Recipe
A dash of salt
5g unsalted butter
50g bittersweet chocolate, melted (I used Valhona Guanaja 70%)
Cocoa powder, for dusting
1) Roast almond at 130 deg C for 25 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature.
2) In a saucepan, cook sugar and water until caramelised. Turn off heat. Stir in salt, follow by almonds. Add in butter and continue to stir until combine.
3) Pour the almonds onto a large baking tray. Spread out the almonds quickly and let it cool to room temperature.
4) Stir the almonds into the bowl of melted chocolate, making sure that every piece of almond is covered with chocolate. Spread out onto the baking tray again, and then keep in the fridge until the chocolate hardened.
5) Dust the almonds with cocoa powder, serve.