Nectarine and Blueberry Cake
I have to skip TWD this week because the only person who likes to eat chocolate desserts in my household told me that he doesn't feel like having chocolate ganache ice-cream. So I made use of the summer fruits that I have in my pantry and baked a small nectarine and blueberry cake instead. The cake is really soft and moist, and it's so delicious that I had half of it as soon as it's out from the oven!
Nectarine and Blueberry Cake Recipe
Recipe adapted from 手のひらサイズのベイクドケーキ
72g butter, at room temperature
50g castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
72g self-raising flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon yogurt
1/2 nectarine, cut into slices
1) Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Grease a 18cm loaf pan, and then line with baking paper.
2) In a medium bowl, whip butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat the egg into the batter, follow by vanilla extract. Mix until just combine.
3) Mix in yogurt, follow by flour and baking powder. Mix until the flour just disappear from the batter.
4) Scrape the batter into the pan. Arrange nectarine slices and blueberries on the batter.
5) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean. Remove from oven, let the cakes cool on wire rack, serve.