I've been craving for Penang food lately. I've decide upon a few dishes to try out and the following dish is one of them. Stay tune for more yummy Penang dishes! :-)
Cuttlefish and Kangkung Salad Recipe (鱿鱼蕹菜)
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbs hoisin sauce
1 tsp belachan
5 red chillies
3 chilli padi
1.5 tbs prawn paste
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbs tamarind juice (soaked in 1 cup of water)
2 tsp sugar
1.5 tbs toasted sesame seeds
6 tbs toasted peanuts (pounded coursely)
1) Cut the cuttlefish into thick strips. Clean the kangkung and cut into short strips.
2) Blanch the cuttlefish in boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain and put aside.
3) Add in oil, sugar and salt in a pot of boiling water, blanch the kangkung for about 20 seconds, drain and set aside.
4) Put the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil.
5) Arrange the kangkung and cuttlefish in a plate, pour the sauce on top and serve with sesame seeds and peanuts.