Braised Pork Belly with Beer
Braised Pork Belly with Beer Recipe
500g pork belly (with skin removed), rinse and cut into cubes
2 stalks spring onions, cut into long strips
5 slices ginger
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 pc cinnamon stick
2 pcs tangerine peels
5 pcs bay leaves
180ml light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rock sugar
Pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons rice wine
1) Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Saute ginger, garlic and spring onions until fragrant.
2) Add in pork, saute until there is a change in colour. Add beer, cover and cook until the beer reduce to half of the original amount.
3) Add seasoning, saute for a while and then transfer the pork mixture to a clay pot.
4) Add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, tangerine peels and water into the clay pot. Make sure that the water is enough to cover the pork, add more if necessary. Turn on high heat, and when the gravy starts to boil, cover the pot and turn the heat to low. Continue to cook for about 50 minutes.
5) Turn off heat, leave the cover on for another 10 minutes. Dish out and serve.