White Chocolate with Dried Fruits Cake


White Chocolate with Dried Fruits Cake Recipe
Recipe adapted from this book


Ingredients:
60g white chocolate
2 tbs milk
200g self-raising flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
180g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g caster sugar
4 eggs
1 tbs lemon juice
80g dried cranberry
80g dried apricot

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 160 deg C. Grease a 18X8cm rectangular baking pan, line with baking paper.
2) Melt white chocolate with milk over a pot of simmering water. Set aside.
3) In a medium bowl, whip butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, follow by the eggs, continue to beat until well combined.
4) Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl, then sift the flour mixture over the batter. Mix until just combine.
5) Finally add lemon juice, cranberry and apricot, stir with a wide spatula until just combine.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean.

Comments

daphne said…
I'm not usually a fan of white choc but I can see why this works. It's a very easy recipe too. Bookmaking it for one of my "Try something new" days!
A perfect combination! That cake looks delicious and so light in texture!

Cheers,

Rosa
Anh said…
The texture of the cake is so light.. Beautiful recipe and photo!
squawmama said…
Good Morning... I Loved this recipe and will be giving it a try soon... Thanks

(((HUGS)))
Donna
Snooky doodle said…
It s like speckled with Jewells. Looks so so good!
white chocolate does have some good for you calcium and other merits. i'm sitting here proofing my book on chocolate and while the dark stuff is what i tout--for the most part--white chocolate has its place, too. it's a nice balance from time to time. looks light, sweet, did I say light? great late summer food.
www.calorey.blogspot.com
The Writing Gourmet
Jennifer said…
I adore dried fruit cakes and this with the white chocolate is so lovely!! Great pics!! :)
Elin Chia said…
Gee, this is one delicious cake I guess and I have never tried white chocolate in the cake mix...I can imagine the taste of the cake already ...thanks for sharing :)
Stardust said…
This is a perfect cake for me!! It must be so hot over there that you posted this 'speechless' this time. =P

You come my place, I visit yours too in TW? Wink wink ;P
Bits said…
This cake is so lovely and I love those dried fruits in it.
Lilian said…
Hi there, love your blog! Have been a quiet reader for months. This fruit cake looks utterly delicious. My uncle is a fan of both fruit cakes and cheesecakes and I am hoping to incorporate cream cheese into a fruit cake for his birthday. Do you think that will work?? =D
kris said…
I would be trying out this recipe this weekend ; but I don't see when to mix in the eggs ... ?

Pls help