White Chocolate with Dried Fruits Cake
White Chocolate with Dried Fruits Cake Recipe
Recipe adapted from this book
60g white chocolate
2 tbs milk
200g self-raising flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
180g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g caster sugar
1 tbs lemon juice
80g dried cranberry
80g dried apricot
1) Preheat oven to 160 deg C. Grease a 18X8cm rectangular baking pan, line with baking paper.
2) Melt white chocolate with milk over a pot of simmering water. Set aside.
3) In a medium bowl, whip butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, follow by the eggs, continue to beat until well combined.
4) Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl, then sift the flour mixture over the batter. Mix until just combine.
5) Finally add lemon juice, cranberry and apricot, stir with a wide spatula until just combine.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean.