Banana Chocolate-Swirl Cupcakes
We have a new addition to our family of three (two humans and a dog) - a shiba inu puppy! Training our silly pooch was quite a tedious and challenging task when we first got her 3 years ago, and now that she's fully trained, I can't imagine having to go through the whole process with the new puppy again. Well, I guess I must be crazy! (Pictures of our dogs can be found here and here)
Banana Chocolate-Swirl Cupcakes Recipe
Recipe adapted from はじめてさんのお菓子作り
240g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
200g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
120g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large banana
1 teaspoon lemon juice
30g bittersweet chocolate, , melted and cooled
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line a 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners or lightly butter the pan.
2) To prepare toppings, slice banana into 12 pieces and then drizzle with lemon juice, set aside.
3) Mash banana with a fork and then mix with lemon juice, set aside.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until pale in colour.
5) Add vanilla extract and mashed banana, mix until well combined.
6) Sift flour, baking powder and salt over the egg mixture. Using a spatula, mixing only until the flour disappear.
7) Finally, add melted butter and then mix until well combined.
8) Divide the batter over 12 muffin cups. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate onto each cupcake, gently swirl the mixture with a skewer to create a marble effect. Put a slice of banana on top of the cake batter.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean.