My doggie's birthday falls on the 29th February, so she only gets to celebrate her birthday once every four years. ;-)
For her 4th birthday, I made some cupcakes using a recipe from Allrecipes site. I tweaked the recipe slightly by substituting grated apple for carrot, and I also reduced the amount of honey as I feel that the cakes should be sweetened by the grated apple already. Soft, moist and fluffly, I was pleasantly surprised that these cupcakes actually taste good! I don't mind making the cupcakes again for my own consumption, LOL!
Doggie Birthday Cake Recipe
Recipe adapted from here
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1 cup grated apple
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1) Preheat oven to 175 deg C. Line a 6-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2) In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except flour and baking soda. Whisk until smooth.
3) Sift flour and baking soda together and fold into the batter, mix thoroughly.
4) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean.