Potluck Lunch

My colleagues and I had potluck lunch today. This is the event that we hold in our office from time to time.

I spent half of the Sunday cooking for this event. I intended to cook one dish only, roasted chicken with orange and herb, a recipe that I found from Delicious magazine. But I have a few one-week-old lemons in the fridge that I wanted to get rid of, and so I baked a Ligurian lemon cake, from Pierre Hermé's Desserts.


Roasted chicken with orange and herb, right from the oven

The chicken was marinated with orange and lemon zest, orange juice, honey, cumin seeds, oregano, mint leaf, garlic paste and a dash of sea salt, before it was roasted in the oven.


Ligurian Lemon Cake

The recipe of Ligurian lemon cake called for raspberries but I used dried cranberries instead. It was baked with extra virgin olive oil and only a small amount of butter. The cake was moist and filled with the aroma from the olive oil.


My colleagues come from different countries. We always get to taste food from different cultures during such potluck lunch. There were 6 of us cooking for this event.

Clockwise from top left: Roasted chicken with orange and herb (by yours truly), chicken adobo (Filipino dish by E), fish head curry (from LK, cooked by her mom and she brought it all the way from KL as she just arrived in Singapore last night), chicharon or fried pork skin, larp (both by N, she brought all the way from Chiangmai, and just like LK, she touched down in Singapore last night), beef sinagang (beef tamarind soup, a Filipino dish by T), and my Ligurian lemon cake.


This is a close-up of Larp, fried pork skin and assorted raw vegetable that was eaten with Larp.

After lunch, we were back at work, feeling extremely satisfied and also trying hard not to fall asleep...

Comments

5xmom.com said…
Fried pork skin sounds yummy to me. I had a piece of that when Ed Deli served its pork knuckle. Nice food you got there.
Piggy said…
Hi Lilian,

Fried pork skin is one sinful and yet delicious snack. The one that I had in the office was from Thailand. Philippines has their own version of fried pork skin (chicharon)too, some of the brands come with a thin layer of meat underneath the skin. Yummy!