Sliced Pork and Squid with Chinese Broccoli

Since I started cooking more than one year ago, but I have not cook pork so far. Hubby is a big fan of pork but I'm not. I felt that he's deprived of pork lately, so I decided to cook a "porky" dish for him.

This was a simple dish, but the cutting and slicing took up most of the time.

Sliced Pork with Chopped Garlic Recipe

Ingredients A:
Lean meat
Spring onions
2-3 slices ginger
Coriander
1 tomato

Ingredients B:
5 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce

Instructions:
1) Parboil pork in a pot of water with spring onions, ginger and rice wine added in it. Slice the pork thinly when it's cool enough to handle.
2) Dice the tomato and spring onions, arrange on a plate and sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil.
3) Arrange the sliced pork around the tomato and spring onions.
4) Mix all Ingredients B and pour on sliced pork. Serve.

************************************************************************
Another dish that I prepared was squid with chinese broccoli. The sauce supposed to look orangey, but I accidentally added in too much dark soy sauce, hence the following colour. It tasted ok, but I think it would look better with an orange coloured sauce.

Squid on a bed of Chinese Broccoli


Ingredients A:
1 medium size squid
Spring onions
2-3 slices of ginger
chinese broccoli

Ingredients B:
3 tbsp ketchup
0.5 tsp dark soy sauce
0.5 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped chili
1 tsp chopped canned pineapple
1 tsp coriander
0.5 tsp sesame oil

Instructions:
1) Parboil chinese broccoli in a pot of water with spring onions, ginger and rice wine added in it. Set aside.
2) Parboil squid
and transfer the squid to a pot of iced water.
3) Mix all Ingredients B together.
4) Arrange the squid and chinese broccoli in a plate and pour the sauce on it. Serve.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a very nice blog and I have visited a few times.I have now added it to my favorites folder. Keep up the good work.
3cinr3b said…
n u r as good a cook as a photographer ;p
Piggy said…
Hi Chef'em Out & 3cinr3b,

Thanks!