TWD: Rosy Poached Pear and Pistachio Tart


Lauren of I'll Eat You has chosen rosy poached pear and pistachio tart for TWD this week. The tart is made up of 4 components - crust, nut based pastry cream, poached pears in red wine and caramelised pistachios. This is a lengthy recipe and I almost spent whole night preparing the tart. But I'm glad that I gave the recipe a try as the tart was SO yummy that I almost licked the plate clean!

Don't just take my words for it, give the recipe a try and I'm sure that you'll like the tart as much as I do! Recipe can be found here.

Comments

Amanda said…
Prettiest one I've seen so far! I had to pass this week, posted Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies instead that I made a few weeks ago. The holiday put me way behind, just never had time! ;-/
Pamela said…
Wow! Look at that gorgeous tart. Fantastic.
wow veri nice picture...looks good and delicious.

I like the backgroud...pokka dots. Is that a paper or table cloth? Where you bot this?

All your pics are real sharp!
Dodol & Mochi said…
This looks so good!! Stunning photography & styling as always!! =)

Keep it up, gal!!

Cheers from Malaysia,
Pei-Lin
mycookinghut said…
Looks lovely! I love the colour of deep red and green!!! yum!
That tart is so scrumptious! So well presented!

Cheers,

Rosa
i love the deep red color of your pears--so pretty! this was a good tart, and certainly worth all the work!
Karen said…
That looks scrupmtious!! :) I think you are one of the few, the brave who made this this week. I want to but haven't had the chance. Yum!
Susan said…
Oh, your tart is gorgeous! I have read so many wonderful reports about this tart; I am going to have to give it a try. I didn't have pears and pistachio nuts so I made Dorie's blueberry pie instead.
Elin said…
Piggy, :) I believe you ! Your rosy poached pear looks good with the tart. I almost wanted to lick it off my screen :p Thanks for sharing.
Kayte said…
I have been in a TWD slump for the past couple weeks, so I am looking around for inspiration...I found it here...this looks gorgeous!
Sara said…
Mmmmmmm, looks really delicious! Love the color you got on those pears!
Swee San said…
love poached pears !!

Popular Posts